Consumer Product Safety Testing for Hardline Materials
From cookware to candles, furniture to office supplies, UL tests consumer goods with intensive analytical, physical, and performance testing to help manufactures achieve better product performance, quality, and safety.
Meet standards and consumer expectations for product performance, quality, and safety.
UL’s state-of-the-art laboratories, technical expertise, and rigorous testing programs for consumer products helps manufactures meet today’s rigorous industry, regulatory and consumer demands. UL’s services for manufacturers of consumer merchandise include:
- Testing to international, national and regional standards
- Product evaluations for safety, performance, design and construction
- Consumer panels and focus groups
- Packaging and label reviews
- Supply chain risk assessments and consulting
- Factory capacity and capabilities audits
- Responsible sourcing assessments
UL is registered with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as an accredited laboratory for the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) third-party testing. Our worldwide laboratories perform testing to international, federal, and state regulatory standards including California Proposition 65 (Legislation AB 2901 Chapter 575).
We hold Notified Body status under the EU Toy Safety Directive 2009/48/EC and EU Low Voltage Directive.
Manufacturers and Retailers look to UL for help with meeting both standards and consumer expectations for product performance, quality, and safety.