From quality assurance and responsible sourcing, to product safety testing and global market access services, UL is the jewelry industry’s trusted partner.
Leverage UL’s global expertise to safeguard excellence across your supply chain
Registered with the CPSC as an accredited third-party testing laboratory, our worldwide locations test to international, federal, regional and industry standards. Our global UL Jewelry Centers for Excellence are staffed with a dedicated UL jewelry team comprised of seasoned industry professionals and safety scientists.
UL’s fine, fashion and children’s jewelry testing services include:
- UL Diamond Verification Programs
- UL Finished Jewelry Verification Programs
- Gemstone Verification and Identification
- Precious Metal Verification
- Plating Thickness and Fineness
- Plating and Base Metal Material Composition
- Quality and Performance Testing
- Fire Assay
- Regulatory Compliance Testing
UL’s comprehensive jewelry inspection programs provide a vital check on product and manufacturing quality at every stage of production to help minimize any potential quality issues along your supply chain. Services include:
- Verification of Diamond and Gemstone Cut, Color, Weight and Quality Range
- Required Country of Origin, Trademark and Fineness Stampings
- Client Proprietary Requirements
- Casting, Construction and overall manufacturing quality
- Precious Metal Weight Verification; Stone Setting Quality; Plating Color
- Labeling, Boxing and Packing Requirements
- Raw materials traceability
- Quantity Verification; Functionality and Sizing
- Workmanship and Aesthetics
- Responsible Sourcing
For watch manufacturers, we provide industry-dedicated regulatory testing, quality assurance, supply chain management and global market access services.
UL offers safety, performance and quality assurance checks specifically targeted to meet the needs of children’s jewelry manufacturers.
UL also provides extensive compliance testing and certification solutions for jewelry store access control, burglar alarm controls, intrusion sensors, ballistics, locks and other electronic and physical security products. Our services for jewelry stores consist of:
- Data Acceptance Program
- Global Market Access
- Pre-certification Review
- Product Certification
We also provide monitoring, training and advisory services to help all of our customers comply with social and environmental laws and standards in all of their target markets.