In this highly competitive industry, our customers leverage UL expertise to build their brand value proposition by better meeting consumers’ needs and preferences. Our ability to combine sensory services with physical, microbiological and analytical testing makes UL the personal care and beauty industry’s preferred testing partner.
Leverage UL’s consumer product expertise, laboratories and customizable quality assurance programs to build brand value.
Benefit from UL’s unique combination of consumer product expertise, state-of-the-art laboratories and customizable quality assurance programs. Through our global network of testing labs, we provide analytical, microbiological, physical, shelf-life and performance testing capabilities for a wide range of consumer product categories.
From analyzing the purity and stability of raw ingredients, to helping achieve compliance with regulatory requirements, to measuring consumer acceptability, UL provides full-cycle supply chain quality assurance for a wide range of products including cosmetics, hair and skin care, baby products, feminine hygiene, and dental care.
UL’s personal care and beauty product testing services include:
- Analytical, microbiological and physical testing
- Ambient and accelerated shelf-life studies
- Comparative product evaluations
- Sensory evaluations and consumer studies
- Claims substantiation
- Product/package compatibility
- Label reviews
- Regulatory consultation
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulations (cGMP) facility audits
- Supply chain monitoring
- Cosmetic Product Safety Report
- Product Information Filing
- Toxicology Testing
- Human Safety Assessment and Clinical Research Service