There are some fundamental recommendations that global textile and leather companies can implement to address sustainability in the supply chain:
- Plan a long-term sustainable strategy.
- Develop a proactive stance and demonstrate willingness to invest in the future by implementing sustainable supply chain practices.
- Communicate goals throughout all levels of the supply chain and leave no one behind.
- Bring key suppliers on board and create sample strategy. This step will help you in the scheduling and budgeting process.
Step 3: Chemical management
A chemical management system is a systematic approach to procurement, storage, usage and recycling of chemicals within a system or plant. UL can support you in many aspects of chemical management, from the development of a list of manufacturing restricted substances, chemicals inventory and on to implementing a suitable test program that takes the entire supply chain into consideration.
In addition, we can provide other chemical management services, including:
- Developing test programs for raw materials and finished goods within the entire supply chain
- Standardizing the raw material and chemical approval process
- Creating supplier selection criteria
- Chemical auditing of production sites
Contact our experts to implement your perfect chemical management system.
To learn more about the complete five steps to detox strategy, read here.
UL experts provide topical news updates, research results, and academic analyses. Download articles here to educate yourself on the latest industry developments.