There are some fundamental recommendations that global textile and leather companies can implement to address sustainability in the supply chain:
- Plan a long-term sustainable strategy.
- Develop a proactive stance and demonstrate willingness to invest in the future by implementing sustainable supply chain practices.
- Communicate goals throughout all levels of the supply chain and leave no one behind.
- Bring key suppliers on board and create sample strategy. This step will help you in the scheduling and budgeting process.
Step 5: Correction and prevention measures
UL can provide support in the administration of comprehensive supply chain risk management programs and in the implementation of correction and prevention measures:
- RSL implementation planning for your entire supply chain.
- Training employees and suppliers in relation to the responsible procurement of raw materials and production processes.
- Implementing sustainability services.
- Substituting dangerous chemicals through more sustainable alternatives.
Contact our experts to implement correction and prevention measures.
To learn more about the complete five steps to detox strategy, read here.
UL experts provide topical news updates, research results, and academic analyses. Download articles here to educate yourself on the latest industry developments.