IndustriesPersonal Care and Beauty
ASEAN has released updated Cosmetic Directives during the 27th ASEAN Cosmetic Committee (ACC) meeting.
Updates and amendments adopted during the 27th ACC meeting:
- Zinc oxide is not allowed where inhalation could lead to lung exposure – effective from December 1, 2018.
- Reduce a maximum concentration of 2-methyl-2H-isothiazol-3-one (INCI) methylisothiazolinone (Cas no 2682–20-4) in rinse-off cosmetics from 0.01% to 0.0015% – effective from June 1, 2019.
- Ban 3 fragrance ingredients effective August 23, 2019 for new cosmetic products and August 23, 2021 for those already available in the market, namely:
- 3-and 4-(4-hydroxy-4-methylpentyl) cyclohex-3-ene-1-carbaldehyde (HICC)
- 2,6-dihydroxy-4-methyl-benzaldehyde (atranol)
- 3-chloro-2,6-dihydroxy-4-methyl-benzaldehyde (chloroatranol)
- Labelling for oxidative and non-oxidative hair dyes must include “wear suitable gloves” – effective from December 1, 2020.