ServicesAudits Certification Marks Global Market Access Inspections SmartInsights™ Global Market Access Platform Testing
ASTM International has published ASTM F977 — 18 Standard Consumer Safety Specification for Infant Walkers on September 4, 2018.
This standard establishes performance requirements, test methods, labeling and marking requirements to promote safe use of the infant walkers. This standard includes the following safety specifications:
- Calibration and Standardization
- General Requirements
- Performance Requirements
- Marking and Labeling
- Instructional Literature
This new standard repeals ASTM F977 – 12.
Aside from this standard, ASTM International also announces standards for juvenile products on work items:
- ASTM WK64983 Revision of F404 — 18 Standard Consumer Safety Specification for High Chairs
- ASTM WK64960 Revision of F406 — 17 Standard Consumer Safety Specification for Non-Full-Size Baby Cribs/Play Yards
- ASTM WK65055 Revision of F1917 — 12 Standard Consumer Safety Performance Specification for Infant Bedding and Related Accessories
- ASTM WK65060 Revision of F2057 — 17 Standard Safety Specification for Clothing Storage Units