ServicesAudits Certification Marks Global Market Access Inspections Testing UL SmartInsights™ Global Market Access Platform
ASTM International has announced the revision of two standards for children’s products.
The revised standards are:
- ASTM F404 — 18a Standard Consumer Safety Specification for High Chairs
- The main change in this new version is an exemption of the stability requirements for Reclined Infant High Chairs, which are usually intended for newborn children.
- This standard provides the performance requirements and methods of test to ensure the satisfactory performance of the high chair and high chairs created by using a high chair conversion kit and component(s) from another product.
- ASTM F3317 — 18a Standard Consumer Safety Specification for Infant Floor Seats
- The revision changes Figure 2 in the standard – The Infant Hinged Weight Gauge to provide a clearer figure.
- This consumer safety specification covers the performance requirements and methods of test to ensure the satisfactory performance of infant floor seats.
The revised standards were announced on January 2019.