IndustriesPersonal Care and Beauty
Australia’s Department of Health has published Guidance on the Regulation of Tampons aiming to provide interpretation of TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration) regulations relating to tampons.
The guidance provides the following:
- Tampons must meet the requirements under AS 2869:2008 Tampons – Menstrual.
- This Guidance covers the following regulatory requirements:
- design requirements such as withdrawal cord and applicators;
- packaging including unit pack, primary pack, supply pack, transport pack, manufacturer’s details, information leaflet, and other labelling requirements;
- kits containing tampons; and
- test reports which includes absorptive capacity, withdrawal cord strength, withdrawal cord water repellence and total aerobic microbial count.
This guidance document was published on August 2, 2018.