IndustriesFood and Beverage
ServicesSmartInsights™ Global Market Access Platform Supplier Quality Audits and Certifications Testing
Belgium’s Federal Ministry of Health (BMG) has drafted Royal Decree Concerning Materials and Objects of Metal and Alloy Intended to be Brought into Contact with Foodstuffs.
This draft decree contains provisions regulating the production of materials and objects intended to come into contact with food made up of metals and alloys. These requirements include the following:
- The metal and alloy food contact materials should be produced in accordance with the regulations listed in Article 2.
- Specific limits are also listed on this draft for certain chemicals.
- Annex 1, Chapter 1 contains the specific release limits applicable to metal/alloy food contact materials.
- The conditions pertaining to the conformity specific release limit are provided in Article 5.
- The model of declaration of conformity is provided in Annex 1, Chapter 2. Other statement of compliance requirement is provided in Article 6.
The draft is open for public consultation until December 12, 2018.