ServicesAudits Certification Marks Inspections SmartInsights™ Global Market Access Platform Testing
The European Committee for Standardization (CEN) has approved three standards intended for child care articles.
The standards are:
- EN 17072:2018 Child Care Articles — Bath Tubs, Stands and Non-standalone Bathing Aids — Safety requirements and Test Methods
- This standard specifies safety requirements and test methods for children’s bath tubs and stands and for non-standalone bathing aids that are designed and intended to be used only in conjunction with a children’s bath tub. This document does not cover children’s bath tubs and stands and non-standalone bathing aids designed for children with special needs.
- EN 1888–1:2018 Child Care Articles — Wheeled Child Conveyances — Part 1: Pushchairs and Prams
- This European Standard specifies the safety requirements and test methods for pushchairs and prams, designed for the carriage of one or more children, up to 15 kg each and up to 20 kg for any integrated platform on which a child can stand.
- EN 1888–2:2018 Child care articles — Wheeled Child Conveyances — Part 2: Pushchairs for Children Above 15 kg up to 22 kg
- This European Standard specifies the additional safety requirements and test methods for pushchairs, designed for the carriage of one or more children, above15 kg and up to 22 kg each. This European Standard applies in conjunction with and in addition to the European standard FprEN 1888–1 and it cannot be used separately.
The standards will be available on December 19, 2018. The target date for publication and implementation at national level will be on June 30, 2019.