The European Committee for Standardization (CEN) has updated the implementation timeline of EN 71–8:2017 Safety of Toys — Part 8: Activity Toys for Domestic Use.
This standard specifies requirements and test methods for activity toys for domestic use often attached to or incorporating a crossbeam, and similar toys intended for children under 14 years to play on or in, and intended to bear the mass of one or more children.
This standard specifies requirements for:
- separately sold accessories for, and components of activity toys
- separately sold swing elements that are ready for use on or in combination with an activity toy
- construction packages for activity toys including components used to build activity toys according to a scheduled building instruction
The new timeline is:
- Ratification Date: January 1, 2018
- Announcement Date: April 30, 2018
- Publication Date: July 31, 2018