Publication Date Thursday, March 26, 2020
IndustriesEyewear Food Contact Materials General Merchandise Hardlines Jewelry and Watches Juvenile Products Personal Care and Beauty Pet Products Premiums, Promotional and Licensed Goods Retail Textiles, Apparel and Footwear Toys
Dear Valued Customer,
Since the outbreak of COVID-19, UL has closely monitored the situation and activated plans at a local and global level to help assure the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and communities.
UL remains open for business and committed to serving your needs in this unusual time. We have experienced limited operational impacts as a result of “stay home” orders issued by local government officials in certain jurisdictions in which we operate and are adjusting our operating procedures to help ensure the health and safety of our employees.
We have made some adjustments to our normal operating procedures to comply with these orders and to help protect the health and safety of our employees. Please know, however, that business continuity is a top priority for our team, and we are focused on continuing to provide the services you need.
Please note the following updates for UL’s Consumer and Retail Services laboratory in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
As of Wednesday, March 25, 2020, in response to the Bangladesh Government circular published on March 23, 2020, UL Leadership decided to immediately suspend the operations of laboratory services in Dhaka, Bangladesh. We expect to reopen our laboratories with complete services on Sunday, April 5, 2020. This reopening date may change based on the direction of local authorities and/or UL Leadership.
For information on your projects and services, please refer to the following:
- Testing is still available for all product categories through our laboratories in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Shenzhen.
- You may send samples directly to the locations referenced at the end of this notice.
- Our local colleagues in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Shenzhen are available to answer questions and their reports will only be available in English.
- Our Bangladesh laboratory operation team will continue to track and monitor the service requests in Asia to ensure adherence to your specific testing processes and brand specifications.
- Our Bangladesh team members will remain available to provide advisory and technical support. Contact your representative directly or call +88.017.3008.7200/1 and/or email to CustomerService.email@example.com between 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Sunday to Friday.
Safety is the heart of our mission. Employee well-being is paramount, and so is remaining focused on informing and supporting our customers during this time. We are continually evolving our response and taking decisive action to stay aligned with recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO) and regional authorities.
We are committed to our partnership, informing you as the situation evolves and dedicated to utilizing UL’s resources and expertise to accommodate your needs. If you have questions about your project/order/contract, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly.
Md. Nur Alam
Lab Technical & Operations Manager
Md. Golam Sarwar
Head of Business
Physical Laboratory Manager
Business Development Manager
Click here for a PDF version of this message.