ServicesCertification Marks Global Market Access Testing UL's SmartInsights™ Global Market Access Platform
On December 18, the European Commission (EC) has proposed to establish specific limit values for the CMR substance formaldehyde (CAS: 50–00-0) in various categories of toy materials under Toy Safety Directive (2009/48/EC).
The proposed limits are:
- 1,5 mg/l (migration limit) in polymeric toy material
- 0,1 ml/m3 (emission limit) in resin-bonded wood toy material
- 30 mg/kg (content limit) in textile toy material
- 30 mg/kg (content limit) in leather toy material
- 30 mg/kg (content limit) in paper toy material
- 10 mg/kg (content limit) in water-based toy material
The proposed date of adoption is the second quarter of 2019, with a proposed date of the last quarter of 2020 for entry into force.
Public consultation is open for this proposal until February 16, 2019.