IndustriesTextiles, Apparel and Footwear
ServicesAdvisory and Education Audits Chemical Management Global Market Access Inspections Responsible Sourcing SmartInsights™ Global Market Access Platform Testing
The European Commission (EC) has published Regulation 2018/1513, amending Annex XVII to Regulation No. 1907⁄2006 (REACH) to list certain substances classified as carcinogenic, mutagenic or toxic for reproduction (CMR), category 1A or 1B.
This Regulation updates Annex XVII to Regulation (EC) No 1907⁄2006 to add entry 72 listing 33 CMR substances and their restrictions. 33 CMR substances that are included in this restriction can be grouped as:
- Heavy metals (compounds of Cadmium, Chromium VI, Arsenic, Lead)
- Chlorinated aromatic hydrocarbons
- Certain solvents
- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs)
- Carcinogenic dyes, Azodyes and Arylamines
These new restrictions apply to:
- Clothing or related accessories
- Textiles other than clothing that come into contact with human skin to an extent similar to clothing under normal or reasonably foreseeable conditions of use
This Regulation have entered into force on November 1, 2018. The restriction is applicable to products placed on the market after November 1, 2020.