The European Commission (EC) has released a restriction guideline on the use of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) articles within or excluded from the scope.
This document outlines the following:
- Placed on the market for supply to the general public
- Rubber and plastic components
- Direct as well as prolonged contact or short-term repetitive contact with human skin or the oral cavity
- Normal and reasonably foreseeable conditions of use
- Concentrations of PAHs in articles
- Coated articles
- Indicative lists of examples of articles that fall within or outside the scope of this restriction
- Examples of articles excluded from the scope of the restriction (Annex 2)
- Examples of articles within the scope of the restriction (Annex 1)
This was released on March 2018.