The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) has released several updates on CLP.
In its 4 May 2020 one-day, virtual meeting, the Committee for Risk Assessment (RAC) adopted CLH opinions for three active substances with the following classifications:
- Cyfluthrin (ISO) and beta-cyfluthrin (ISO):
- fatal if swallowed (Acute Tox. 2)
- fatal if inhaled (Acute Tox. 2)
- may cause harm to breast-fed children (Lact.)
- causing damage to the nervous system through single exposure (STOT SE 1)
- Acetamiprid (ISO):
- toxic if swallowed (Acute Tox. 3)
- and suspected human reproductive toxicant by causing adverse effects on development (Repr. 2)
The European Commission takes into account the RAC opinions when deciding whether to accept the proposal for harmonized classification and labeling. All hazardous substances with harmonized classification and labeling are listed in Annex VI to the CLP Regulation.
ECHA is looking for comments on the harmonized classification and labeling proposals for:
- reaction mass of 1-(2,3‑epoxypropoxy)-2,2‑bis ((2,3‑epoxypropoxy)methyl) butane and 1-(2,3‑epoxypropoxy)-2-((2,3‑epoxypropoxy)methyl)-2-hydroxymethyl butane (EC -; CAS -)
- sodium chlorate (EC 231–887‑4; CAS 7775–09‑9)
- potassium chlorate (EC 223–289‑7; CAS 3811–04‑9)
The deadline for comments is 3 July 2020.
One new intention has been received for mancozeb (ISO); manganese ethylenebis(dithiocarbamate) (polymeric) complex with zinc salt (EC 616–995‑5, CAS 8018–01‑7).