The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) has released several updates on REACH Regulation.
ECHA submitted an intention to investigate the basis to revise certain derogations from the restrictions on perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), its salts and PFOA-related substances and C9-C14 perfluorocarboxylic acids (C9-C14 PFCA), their salts and C9-C14 PFCA-related substances on 30 April 2020 for submission on 9 October 2020.
Stakeholders are requested to provide relevant information in a call for evidence currently on-going until 6 July 2020.
The European Commission has granted authorizations (review period expiry dates in brackets) for:
- two uses of potassium dichromate (EC 231–906‑6, CAS 7778–50‑9) by Gentrochema BV (21 September 2024)
- three uses of sodium dichromate (EC 234–190‑3, CAS 10588–01‑9) by Gentrochema BV (21 September 2024 (for uses 1 and 2) and 14 April 2024 (for use 3))
- three uses of sodium dichromate (EC 234–190‑3, CAS 10588–01‑9) by Brenntag UK Ltd; Henkel AG & Co. KGaA and AD International BV (21 September 2024 (for uses 1 and 2) and 14 April 2024 (for use 3))
- two uses of dichromium tris(chromate) (EC 246–356‑2, CAS 24613–89‑6) by Henkel AG & Co. KGaA and Henkel Global Supply Chain B.V. (22 January 2026)
- two uses of potassium hydroxyoctaoxo-dizincate dichromate (EC 234–329‑8, CAS 11103–86‑9) by PPG Industries (UK) Ltd., Finalin GmbH, PPG Europe B.V., PPG Coatings SA, Boeing Distribution, Inc. (22 January 2026)
- two uses of strontium chromate (EC 232–142‑6, CAS 7789–06‑2) by Akzo Nobel Car Refinishes B.V; Habich GmbH; Henkel Global Supply Chain B.V.; Indestructible Paint Ltd.; Finalin GmbH; Mapaero; PPG Europe B.V.; PPG Industries (UK) Ltd., PPG Coatings SA and Boeing Distribution, Inc. (22 January 2026)