ServicesAudits Certification Marks Inspections Testing UL SmartInsights™ Global Market Access Platform
The Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC) will be enforcing Decision of the Board of the EEC No. 51 Fourth Amendment to the Technical Regulations of the Customs Union on the Safety of Products Intended for Children and Adolescents on September 25, 2018. The Decision amends parts of CU TR 007⁄2011 Technical Regulations of the Customs Union on the Safety of Products Intended for Children and Adolescents.
The Decision provides various amendments to Article 2, Article 5, Article 6, Article 9, and Article 12 concerning various definitions, product labeling requirements, and additions to various Annexes.
Specifically, the amendments are:
- Paragraphs 3, 4, 7, and 8 of Article 5 concerning the safety requirements for clothes, products of textile materials, leather, fur, knitwear and ready-made piece of textile products are amended to include additional requirements.
- Various paragraphs of Article 6 concerning the safety requirements for footwear and leather goods have been amended to supplement wordings or amended definitions.
- The requirement in Article 4 is amended as: The coloring for preschoolers minimum linear dimension of the pattern elements should be at least 5 mm in Article 8 concerning the safety requirements for publishing (books and magazines) products, school supplies are deleted.
- The words “the type (purpose)” is removed and replaced with “species (appointment) of the article (if necessary)” of paragraph 2 in Article 9 concerning requirements for labeling. Moreover, this amendment also provides an additional requirement on marking toothbrushes with working part synthetic bristles. The label should indicate information about the degree of stiffness of the bristles.
- Article 12 concerning the assessment (confirmation) of conformity is amended by deleting some terminologies in the definitions.
- Annex No. 1 to the Technical Regulation has been amended to add the words “knives”, “cardboard and plastic” in the column of “Crockery, cutlery”; “bedding (quilts, pillows, mattress covers, canopies, cushions, soft walls and other similar articles)” in the column of “Clothing and articles of textile materials and leather”; and “scarves”, “the sheets hair” in the column of “Ready custom-made textile products”.
- Annexes 3 to 5 have been amended to add silicones in the name of the material along with the applicable substance and ratio of migration.
- Various amendments have been made to Annex 8 concerning the biological and chemical safety requirements for clothing, garments, and textile materials as well as Annex 11 concerning additional chemical safety requirements to textile materials treated with coupling agents.
Products covered by this Regulation are listed on Appendix No. 1 including, but not limited to the following:
- Childcare products (feeding nipples, dummies, dishware, tableware, sanitary products, accessories, toothbrushes, gum massagers)
- Clothes, items of textile materials, leather and fur, knitted fabric, finished textile goods
- Footwear and leather accessories
- Baby carriages and bikes
- Publishing products (books and magazines), school and writing kits
This amendment was enacted on April 28, 2017.