The standard EN 716 specifies safety requirements and test methods for children’s cots for domestic use with an internal length greater than 900 mm but not more than 1 400 mm.
The standards EN 716–1:2017 and EN 716–2:2017 have been published in June.
The part 1 containing the safety requirements has been modified, following we report the main updates of the new standard:
- Revision of the requirements regarding movable sides of the cot.
- Revision of the requirements regarding the distance between footholds and top of cot sides and ends.
- Revision of the requirements regarding the distance between the cot base and top of cot sides and ends.
- Revision of the paragraphs of the marking, instruction and purchase information.
- Specific requirements for the flammability have been implemented to follow the United Kingdom regulation.