IndustriesPersonal Care and Beauty
ServicesAdvisory and Education Global Market Access Regulatory Compliance Audits Testing Validation and Verification
The European Commission (EC) has enacted Commission Regulation (EU) 2017⁄2228 amending Annex III to Regulation (EC) No 1223⁄2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council on cosmetic products.
This Regulation sets the following limits:
- a maximum concentration of 0.5 ppm for peanut proteins in peanut oil, its extracts and its derivatives used in cosmetic products; and
- restriction of the molecular weight average of the peptides in hydrolyzed wheat proteins used in cosmetic products to a maximum of 3.5 kilodalton (kDa).
Important dates are:
- Enactment Date: December 4, 2017
- Enforcement Date: December 24, 2017
- From 25 September 2018- no placing of cosmetic products containing one or more restricted substances restricted on the Union market
- From 25 December 2018 — cosmetic products containing one or more restricted substances shall not be available on the Union market