IndustriesTextiles, Apparel and Footwear
The European Commission (EC) has published Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2018⁄122 of 20 October 2017 amending Annexes I, II, VI, VIII and IX to Regulation (EU) No 1007⁄2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the textile fibre names and related labelling and marking of the fibre composition of the textile products on January 26th, 2018.
The amendments include the following:
- Annex I: Addition of a new title fibre name, “polyacrylate”
- Annex II: Proposed definitions of textile fibre and methods of quantitative analysis of textile fibres
- Annex VI: For the “sewing, mending and embroidery yarns presented for retail sale,” the elimination of the limit of 1 gram of net weight for the products for which an “inclusive labelling” is sufficient
- Annex VIII: Addition of method No. 17
- Annex IX: Addition of entry No. 50
The Regulation was enforced on February 15th, 2018.