The European Union (EU) has issued a proposal to identify new substances of very high concern (SVHCs).
The substances and examples of their uses are:
- vinylimidazole (EC 214–012‑0, CAS 1072–63‑5) — used in formulations and as a monomer in the production of polymers;
- methylimidazole (EC 211–765‑7, CAS 693–98‑1) — used as a catalyst and in the production of coating products;
- dibutylbis(pentane‑2,4‑dionato‑O,O’)tin (EC 245–152‑0, CAS 22673–19‑4) — used as a catalyst and as an additive in the production of plastics;
- butyl 4‑hydroxybenzoate (EC 202–318‑7, CAS 94–26‑8) — used in cosmetics, personal care products and pharmaceuticals; and
- resorcinol (EC 203–585‑2, CAS 108–46‑3) — used to manufacture rubber compounds, resins, coatings, adhesives and sealants, and cosmetics.
The deadline for comments is on April 17th, 2020.