The European Union (EU) has issued a proposal to identify new substances of very high concern (SVHCs).
The substances and examples of their uses are:
- vinylimidazole (EC 214–012-0, CAS 1072–63-5) — used in formulations and as a monomer in the production of polymers;
- methylimidazole (EC 211–765-7, CAS 693–98-1) — used as a catalyst and in the production of coating products;
- dibutylbis(pentane-2,4-dionato-O,O’)tin (EC 245–152-0, CAS 22673–19-4) — used as a catalyst and as an additive in the production of plastics;
- butyl 4-hydroxybenzoate (EC 202–318-7, CAS 94–26-8) — used in cosmetics, personal care products and pharmaceuticals; and
- resorcinol (EC 203–585-2, CAS 108–46-3) — used to manufacture rubber compounds, resins, coatings, adhesives and sealants, and cosmetics.
The deadline for comments is on April 17th, 2020.