IndustriesFood and Beverage
ServicesCurrent Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) Everclean Solution Inspections Regulatory Compliance Audits SmartInsights™ Global Market Access Platform Testing
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has added six food contact substances to the Inventory of Effective Food Contact Substance (FCS) Notifications.
The list includes the food contact substance (FCS), the notifier, the manufacturer of the FCS, the intended use, the limitations on the conditions of use for the FCS and its specifications, the effective date, and its environmental decision.
The six additional FCS were added to the list on May 31, 2018:
- 2-Propen-1-aminium, N,N-dimethyl-N-2-propen-1-yl-, chloride (1:1), polymer with 2-propenamide, decarboxylated, hydrochlorides (CAS Reg. No. 913068–94-7) — Effective Date: April 21, 2018
- Isophthalic acid (CAS Reg. No. 121–91-5) — Effective Date: April 21, 2018
- Microfibrillated cellulose pulp — Effective Date: April 15, 2018
- 2-propenoic acid, methyl ester, polymer with 1,7-octadiene, diethenylbenzene, ethenylethylbenzene and 2-propenenitrile, modified with N1,N1-dimethyl-1,3-propanediamine — Effective Date: April 9, 2018
- Glycidyl methacrylate polymer with styrene and methyl methacrylate (CAS Reg. No. 29564–58-7) — Effective Date: April 2, 2018
- An aqueous mixture of peroxyacetic acid (CAS Reg. No. 79–21-0), hydrogen peroxide (CAS Reg. No. 7722–84-1), acetic acid (CAS Reg. No. 64–19-7), 1-hydroxyethylidene-1,1-disphosphonic acid (HEDP) (CAS Reg. No. 2809–21-4), and, optionally, sulfuric acid (CAS Reg. No. 7664–93-9) — Effective Date: April 1, 2018