IndustriesFood and Beverage
MarketsMiddle East and Africa
ServicesCurrent Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) Everclean Solution Inspections Validation and Verification
The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) has drafted technical regulations intended for food packages, food supplements and food.
The regulations are:
- Gulf Draft Technical Regulation for Food Packages — Part 1 General Requirements
- This draft technical regulation specifies general requirements for all packages of food materials, including metal, glass, plastic, paper, carton, multilayered textile, and wood packages, in addition to other materials for packaging foodstuffs.
- Gulf Draft Technical Regulation for Food Packages – Part 2: Plastic Package — General Requirements
- This draft technical regulation provides the general requirements of plastic packages in contact with food.
- Gulf Draft Technical Regulation for Food Supplements
- This draft establishes safety specification for food supplements marketed as food products.
- Gulf Draft Technical Regulation for General Principles for the Addition of Essential Nutrients to Foods
- This draft technical regulation covers general principles that should be followed in foods with added basic essential nutrients.
- Gulf Draft Technical Regulation for “Putting Calories on Food Establishments Menu’s Selling Away-From-Home Foods”
- This draft standard provides the minimum requirements for monitoring, sampling and documentation of nutrient premixes and fortified foods.
All draft regulations are open for consultation until January 2, 2018 and January 16, 2018.