The Government of Hong Kong has released Toys and Children’s Products Safety Ordinance (Amendment of Schedules 1 and 2) Notice 2018 to update certain safety standards for toys and children’s products.
The amendments in Schedule 1 and 2 are:
- Repeal IEC 62115 Edition 1.2 and substitute with IEC 62115:2017 Edition 2.0
- Repeal BS EN 71–12: 2013 and substitute with BS EN 71–12: 2016
- Repeal ASTM F963-11 and substitute with ASTM F963-17
- Repeal ASTM F404-16a and substitute with ASTM F404-17
- Repeal AS/NZS ISO 8124.3: 2012 and substitute with AS/NZS 8124.3: 2012 (incorporating Amendment 1: 2016)
The new requirements will be enforced starting August 1st, 2018.