MarketsMiddle East and Africa
This draft proposes to fully adopt the International Standards Organization’s ISO 8124–3:2020 on the migration of certain elements in toys.
The proposal is part of the country’s third revision of its standard Safety of Toys – Part 3 Migration of Certain Elements. The major changes in aligning with the ISO standard would be:
- the inclusion of two detailed dewaxing methods
- the addition of a method for determining elements based on inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry (ICP-OES)
- new standards providing for maximum acceptable levels of migration of antimony, arsenic, barium, chromium, cadmium, lead, mercury and selenium;
- an updated method for determining the presence of certain phthalate esters; requirements of test methods for finger painting
- requirements concerning flammability testing.
The draft is open for public comment until August 9, 2020.
July 9, 2020