IndustriesFood and Beverage
ServicesAdvisory and Education Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) Global Market Access Inspections Regulatory Compliance Audits Responsible Sourcing Testing UL SmartInsights™ Global Market Access Platform UL’s Everclean Solution Validation and Verification
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has issued Guidelines for Food Recalls on November 28, 2017. This guide provides an overview of how to develop a recall plan and how to implement that plan in the event of a recall.
This guide provides a 10-step procedure for conducting a recall plan:
- Step 1: Assemble your recall management team
- Step 2: Inform the authority
- Step 3: Identify all products to be recalled
- Step 4: Detain and segregate products to be recalled which are in your firm’s control
- Step 5: Prepare and distribute the information of recall
- Step 6: Prepare the distribution list
- Step 7: Verify the effectiveness of the recall
- Step 8: Control of the recalled product(s)
- Step 9: Decide what to do with the returned product
- Step 10: Fix the cause of the recall
This guide aims to assist manufacturers and/or distributors in implementing Food Safety and Standards (Food Recall Procedure) Regulation, 2017.