IndustriesFood and Beverage
The Ministry of Health of Italy has issued Legislative Decree No. 231 Sanctions for the Violation of the Provisions of Regulation (EU) no. 1169⁄2011, on the Provision of Information on Food to Consumers and the Adaptation of National Legislation to the Provisions of the Same Regulation (EU) no. 1169⁄2011 and Directive 2011⁄91 / EU.
This Decree contains the following:
- Sanctions for the violation of the provisions of Regulation (EU) no. 1169⁄2011.
- Adaptation of national provisions in food labeling, presentation and advertising, considering also Chapter VI of Regulation (EU) no. 1169⁄2011 and Directive 2011/91/EU being the following:
- Indications or trademarks that allow identification of the lot to which a foodstuff belongs in accordance with directive n. 2011/91/EU
- Vending machines
- Sale of non-prepacked products
- Products not intended for the consumer
- Sanctions for the violation of the national provisions laid down in this same decree.
The Decree will be enforced on May 9, 2018.