ServicesAdvisory and Education Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) Global Certification Global Market Access Inspections Responsible Sourcing SmartInsights™ Global Market Access Platform Testing
The Ministry of Trade and Industry of Kosovo will have enforced the Law on Technical Requirements for Products and Valuation of Conformity (Law No. 06 / L-041) beginning May 30, 2018.
This Law sets out technical requirements and valuation of conformity applicable to consumer products.
This Law discusses the following:
- A product may only be placed on the market if it complies with the applicable technical requirements.
- Requirements on technical regulations such as marking, conformity assessment, documentation, safety information, etc. are provided in Article 6.
- Conformity assessment procedures are explained further in Chapter III.
- The obligations of economic operators are provided in Chapter IV.
- The conditions on the validity of conformity documents issued outside the country are detailed in Chapter V.
- The requirements on registration and notification of technical regulations are provided in Chapter VI.
- The supervision of market products is discussed in Chapter VII.
- The control of products into a market are detailed in Chapter VIII.
This Law accords the consumers a high level of protection by providing requirements applicable to most, if not all, of the products placed on the market.