IndustriesPersonal Care and Beauty
ServicesAdvisory and Education Audits Global Certification Global Market Access Inspections SmartInsights™ Global Market Access Platform Supplier Quality Audits and Certifications Testing
The South American trade block MERCOSUR has updated its Resolution on Manufacturing and Distribution of Personal Hygiene, Cosmetics and Perfume Products through Resolution No. 44⁄18, published on November 8, 2018. This revokes the existing MERCOSUR Resolution No. 26⁄04.
The update on the requirements are laid out in the Annex attached to this Resolution which includes:
- reporting to health authorities of the qualitative formula with the specified components in accordance with the International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients (INCI) database;
- function of the ingredients;
- physico-chemical and microbiological specifications of the raw materials and finished products;
- the manufacturing process;
- specifications of the packaging materials;
- stability data;
- the lot code system;
- label requirements; and
- the use of the product when it is not implicit in its name.
This newly enacted Resolution must be incorporated into the legal systems of the member countries, Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay and Paraguay by May 8, 2019.