IndustriesTextiles, Apparel and Footwear
OEKO-TEX has released new voluntary regulations for textiles and leather.
Some of the major changes are:
- Compliance with the “REACH Annex XVII CMR Legislation”
- The substance benzene and four amine salts have been included in the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® and LEATHER STANDARD by OEKO-TEX® and limit values have been defined. The substance quinoline, which has been under observation by OEKO-TEX® since 2018, is now also regulated with a limit value.
- New additions to the limit value catalogues
- New to the limit value catalogues are various Substances of Very High Concern: these are the siloxanes D4, D5 and D6 as well as diazene-1,2-dicarboxamide (ADCA).
- Limit values have been made stricter for various parameters. This relates to the parameters for phthalates (softeners), alkylphenols and alkylphenol ethoxylates as well for per- and polyfluorinated compounds.
The Regulation will come into effect on April 1, 2019.