A draft proposal coming from the European Union (EU) regarding the revision of Annex XVII of REACH Regulation (Restrictions) has been published.
The main points of the revision are the following:
- Some entries will be deleted because they are covered or will be covered, with stricter requirements, under the recast of POP Legislation (Regulation (EU) 2019⁄2021):
- Entry 22 for Pentachlorophenol (PCP)
- Entry 67 for decabromodiphenyl ether (DecaBDE)
- Entry 68 for perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) and its salts, and PFOA-related substances
- Updated the list of harmonized standards in Appendix 10 regarding test methods azo colorants
- Removed CAS Number from restriction at entry 46 for Nonylphenol in order to include all isomers
Other revision is related to reference substances in Appendix 3, 5, 6 regarding CMR subject to restriction of entries 28 to 30 and exemption for entry entries 28 to 30 related to devices falling under Regulation (EU) 2017⁄745 (medical devices).
The draft proposal is opened for comments till May 25th, 2020.
Proposed date of adoption: 4th quarter of 2020
Proposed date of entry into force: 20 days from publication in the Official Journal of the EU. The provisions will apply from different deadlines in accordance with Article 2(2) of the Act.