IndustriesFood and Beverage
ServicesCertification Marks Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) Inspections Testing Validation and Verification
The Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority (AVA) of Singapore has issued Amendments to the Regulations for Infant Formula.
This draft amendment proposes mandatory statements and certain prohibition in the manufacturing of infant formula. This draft specifies the following:
- Inclusion of mandatory statements
- The label for infant formula must include statements to ensure that the consumer understands that:
- breast milk is best for infants
- the infant formula should be used on the advice of a doctor or healthcare practitioner
- Prohibition of use of health claims
- Prohibition on idealization of infant formula
- Prohibition and restriction on use of nutrition claims on labels and advertisements for infant formula
The draft is open for public consultation until January 2, 2018.