Due to the skin contact and the potential for ingestion of the slime ensuring the formulation is safe and suitable for the children using the product is key. The formulation should be assessed by a qualified Toxicologist to verify its safety.
The key requirements for compliance are as follows:
- EN 71 Part 1
- EN 71 Part 2
- EN 71 Part 3
- REACH Annex XVII
- REACH SVHC
- Microbiological safety (water based) — Efficacy & Content
- Toxicological Risk Assessment — Requires full formulation (CAS# & Percentage)
Other aspects to look out for:
- Borax is often used as an ingredient, Boron, which can migrate out of Borax based formulations is restricted under EN 71 Part 3
- Staining of other materials in contact with the slime
- Water based slimes may be susceptible to microbiological contamination, good manufacturing practice is key
- Drying out of slime in transit
Contact us for more details.