South Korea’s Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) has released two notifications, MFDS Notification No. 2018–416 to partially amend the Specifications of Quasi-Drug Range, and MFDS Notification No. 2018–389 for the partial Amendment on the Enforcement Regulations of the Cosmetic Act.
Partial Amendment on the Specification of Quasi-Drug Range proposes the following:
- Removal of flies and mosquito repellents, humidifier disinfectant, and insecticides for pest control from the quasi drug classification,
- Establishment of a group of similar products as “other similar items” by:
- specifying existing licensed items that can be classified as “other similar items”
- removing “oral hygiene wipes” and “other similar items” that were originally designated in Item 1 and placing it as Item 4
- designating a separate classification for “sterile swabs” and “sterile gloves”.
This draft is open for public consultation until October 22, 2018.
Whereas, under the partial Amendment on the Enforcement Regulations of the Cosmetic Act, toilet soap, black dye, hair removal wax will be considered as cosmetics.
MFDS will be accepting public comments for this proposal until November 12, 2018.