IndustriesFood and Beverage
ServicesCurrent Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) Global Market Access Inspections SmartInsights™ Global Market Access Platform
South Korea’s Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) has published MFDS Notification No. 2018-329 Proposed Partial Revision to the Enforcement Rule of the Special Act on Imported Food Safety Control.
This Notification revises the requirements for imported food products. The revision includes the following:
- Simplification of documents during customs clearance stage
- Conditional reporting of the changes in the management and storage of imported food
- Expansion on the disclosure of inspection results of imported food
- Addition of products subject to food traceability
- Reduction of facility standards for Internet purchasing
- Modification of raw material requirements for imported health functional foods that have the same functionality and importer
Get more information on UL’s Food Safety Audit and Sanitation Services.