IndustriesPersonal Care and Beauty
South Korea’s Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) has proposed enactment to the Standards and Specifications for Cleansing & Hygiene Products.
This proposed regulation establishes standards and specifications for cleansing and hygiene products. The proposal includes the following:
- Establish general rules to specify the legal basis and operational purposes of the standards and to determine matters concerning criteria for classification of cleansing & hygiene products, test unit, temperature range, etc.
- Establish common standards and specifications for cleansing & hygiene products to stipulate matter concerning requirements for raw materials used for manufacturing, criteria for compliance with the standards and specifications, and storage and distribution of cleansing and hygiene product.
- Set forth individual standards and specifications applied in the light of characteristic of 17 cleansing & hygiene products designated by the Cleansing & Hygiene Control Act and provide the list of eligible ingredients for detergent and rinse aid.
- Stipulates matters concerning sampling and sample handling methods in view of physical, chemical, and biological characteristics of the specimens used for test inspection.
- Establish 29 test methods to determine whether the 17 hygiene products comply with individual standards and specifications.
This proposal is open for public consultation until January 28, 2018