IndustriesFood and Beverage
ServicesCurrent Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) Everclean Solution Inspections Responsible Sourcing SmartInsights™ Global Market Access Platform Validation and Verification
The Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) of South Korea has issued Notification No. 2017–99 Partial Amendment to the Labeling Standards for Food.
This notification specifies revisions on labeling rules of certain food and beverages. This notice specifies the following amendments:
- Clearer definitions of manufacturing date, effective period, natural flavorings and other contents
- Additional regulations on non-alcoholic beverage labeling
- Revision of the labeling specification for flax Seeds, honey and other foodstuff
- Revision of the alcohol content mark in alcoholic drinks
- Revision of the requirements on food additive labeling such as naming, content, etc.
This notification was released on December 6, 2017 and enforced on January 1, 2018.