IndustriesFood and Beverage
ServicesCurrent Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) Everclean Solution Global Certification Inspections SmartInsights™ Global Market Access Platform Validation and Verification
Taiwan’s Food and Drug Administration (TFDA) has issued draft labeling of food allergens. This draft proposes to add five more food allergens to the current six and mandates labeling products with these ingredients.
Food products with food allergens require name of the allergenic substances to be marked on their containers or overpacks.
The 11 food allergens are:
- Sesame, sunflower seeds and their products
- Gluten-containing cereals and their products: including wheat, barley, rye, oats and so on
- Soybeans and their products
- The use of sulfite or sulfur dioxide, etc., the final product of sulfur dioxide residues per kilogram more than 10 milligrams of products
- Salmon, Mackerel, Cod, Crouching Pond, Antarctic fish (Pteridophytes), Pomfret (Pteridophytes) and other fish and their products
Six current allergens:
- Crustaceans and Its products
- Mango and its products
- Peanuts and their products
- Milk, goat milk and their products
- Egg and its products
- Nuts and their products
The draft is open for comments until February 11, 2018.