On January 20th, 2020, the Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection (BSMI) of Taiwan has released the new inspection requirements for children’s cots and folding cots under CNS 11676. The standard covers children’s cots and folding cots for domestic use with internal length 900 mm and 1400 mm, with the exclusion of carry cots, cribs and cradles.
The Bureau introduces two types of conformity assessment to verify product registration compliance, that include:
- Inspection by Verification Registration
- Type test mode through BSMI or BSMI-designated laboratories
- Product type approval / verification registration through BSMI
- Conformity type declaration mode
- Type Approval / Batch-by-Batch Inspection
- Domestic producers or entrusted producers
- Importers or entrusted importers
BSMI confirms that a six month transitional period will be provided once the new requirements enter into force on March 1st, 2020. After that, the said products are required to comply with the new provision stipulated into CNS 11676 when they are imported or placed on the market beginning September 21st, 2020.