IndustriesFood and Beverage
ServicesAudits Inspections Regulatory Compliance Audits Testing UL's SmartInsights™ Global Market Access Platform
Thailand’s Food and Drug Administration has published a notification on enzymes for food processing. This Notification sets the rules for industrial enzymes intended to be used in food processing both as food additives and processing aids.
This Notification contains the following:
- List of enzymes for food processing is shown in Annex I.
- Information required to approve the usage of new food enzymes are provided in Annex II.
- Application requirement to demonstrate technological needs and efficiency in Annex III for the usage of food enzyme that do not fall under the scope of its functional use are set out in Annex I.
- List of food additives approved for use in food enzymes and their conditions are listed in Annex IV.
- Enzymes for food processing analytical method is provided in Annex V which complies with “Combine compendium of food additive specifications: Analytical methods, test procedures and laboratory solutions used by and referenced in the food additive specifications.
- Labeling requirement for food enzyme stated in the MOPH Notification Re: Food Additives. All food products using enzymes as food additives and processing aids which are not included in the list before the enforcement of this notification have to provide information for safety assessment and technological needs within two years from the date of entry into force of this notification.
- Enzyme activity is over 85 percent of informed enzyme activity. No genetic engineering microbes in 1 g (for enzymes derived from genetic engineering microbes). Quality and safety are under the conditions specified in sections 3.1 and 3.2.
This is open for public consultation until December 30, 2018