IndustriesFood and Beverage
ServicesCertification Marks Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) Everclean Solution Inspections Responsible Sourcing Testing
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has enforced Food Safety and Standards (Organic Food) Regulation, 2017.
This Regulation establishes the regulatory framework for organic food articles to ensure their safety and authenticity labeling and compliance requirements for organic food products.
This regulation specifies:
- This prohibits manufacturers to pack, sell, offer for sale, market or otherwise distribute or import any organic food unless they comply with the requirements laid down under these regulations.
- Organic food offered or promoted for sale shall also comply with all the applicable provisions of one of the following systems, namely:
- National Programme for Organic Production (NPOP);
- Participatory Guarantee System for India (PGS-India).
- Any other system or standards as may be notified by the Food Authority from time to time.
- Labelling on the package of organic food shall convey full and accurate information on the organic status of the product. Such product may carry a certification or quality assurance mark of one of the systems mentioned in regulation 4 in addition to the Food Safety and Standard Authority of India’s organic logo.
The regulation was enforced on January 4, 2018.