The Ministry of Industry and Trade of Turkey has aligned their regulation for detergents with the Regulation (EC) No 648⁄2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 31 March 2004 on detergents.
This Regulation specifies the following:
- The biodegradability of surfactants in detergents,
- Restrictions or bans on surfactants on grounds of biodegradability,
- The additional labelling of detergents, including fragrance allergens,
- The information that manufacturers must hold at the disposal of the Ministry and medical personnel;
- Limitations on the content of phosphates and other phosphorus compounds in consumer laundry detergents and consumer automatic dishwasher detergents.
The regulation will be enforced on July 27, 2018.