ServicesTest e Analisi
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has issued two direct final rules revising safety standards for non-full-size baby cribs and play yards, and toddler beds.
The two rules are:
Revisions to Safety Standards for Non-Full-Size (NFS) Baby Cribs and Play Yards (84 FR 56684), Effective Date: January 20th, 2020
- This rule revises the mandatory standard for NFS cribs and play yards to incorporate by reference ASTM F406-19 Standard Consumer Safety Specification for Non-Full-Size Baby Cribs/Play Yards. ASTM F406-19 provides the following new requirements in comparison with ASTM F406-13:
- Revised and additional requirements to ensure that provisions regarding entrapment in accessories to play yards address cantilevered accessories;
- Clarification of where to place a stability testing device;
- Modified mattress vertical displacement test, and an accompanying definition for “mattress support surface”; and
- Alternate on-product warning labels for cribs intended for use in child care facilities.
Revisions to Safety Standard for Toddler Beds (84 FR 57315), Effective Date: January 27th, 2020
- This rule revises the mandatory standard for toddler beds to incorporate by reference ASTM F1821-09 Standard Consumer Specification for Toddler Beds.