The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has issued the final rules for the safety standard for baby changing products and booster seats.
These final rules mandate the following standards:
- ASTM F2388–18, Standard Consumer Safety Specification for Baby Changing Products for Domestic Use
- ASTM F2640–18, Standard Consumer Safety Specification for Booster Seats
- Baby changing product is intended for children younger than three (3) years old with a body weight of up to 30 lb. (13.6 kg)
- Booster seat is interned for children up to five (5) years of age.
- Baby changing product: 16 CFR Parts 1112 and 1235
- Booster seat: 16 CFR Parts 1112 and 1237
- Baby changing product: June 26, 2019
- Booster seat: January 2, 2020