IndustriesTextiles, Apparel and Footwear
MarketsMiddle East and Africa
Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) has proposed DUS 426:2018 The Labelling and Marking of Textiles and Household Textile Articles.
This draft standard specifies the labeling and marking requirements of textiles and household textile articles. It also specifies the methods to be used for determining the fibre content of textiles and textile products.
This Draft Standard covers the following:
- Direct markings on woven and knitted piece-goods
- Labelling of piece-goods and marking of bulk containers
- Labelling and marking of household textile articles
- Fibre-content labelling
- Determination of actual fibre content
- General labelling and marking
Public consultation for this draft standard is open until December 11, 2018.