IndustriesFood and Beverage
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has released a draft guidance for menu labeling on food establishments.
This guidance document addresses concerns raised by stakeholders regarding the implementation of nutrition labeling required for foods sold in covered establishments*, including expanded and new interpretations of policy.
This guide covers the following:
- Calorie Disclosure Signage for Self-Service Foods, Including Buffet Foods
- Criteria for Distinguishing Between Menus and Marketing Materials
- Methods for Providing Calorie Disclosure Information
- Compliance and Enforcement
- Determining Nutrient Content for Standard Menu Items
- Covered Establishments
- Standard Menu Items
The draft guidance is open for comment period until January 8, 2018.