IndustriesPersonal Care and Beauty
US States have introduced separate bills that prohibits the manufacture of animal-tested cosmetics.
The bills are:
- California SB 1249 California Cruelty-Free Cosmetics Act
- This act makes it unlawful for any cosmetic manufacturer to knowingly import or sell any cosmetic, including personal hygiene products such as deodorant, shampoo, or conditioner, if the final product or any component of the product was tested on animals after Jan. 1, 2020.
- Hawaii SB 2115 Ban on Animal-Tested Cosmetics
- This bill specifies that cosmetics shall not be tested to animals. The bill prohibits the manufacture, import and sale of cosmetic if the final product or any component thereof was developed or manufactured using cosmetic animal testing.
- New York AB 5145 Prohibition on the Manufacture or Sale of Cosmetics Tested on Animals
- This bill bans the import for profit, sale, and offer for sale of any cosmetic in the State, if the final product or any component of the product was developed or manufactured using animal testing performed on or after January 1, 2020.