Global regulatory requirements for producing and selling hand sanitizers and cleaning wipes are complex. Our science-backed testing and verification services can help expedite your production of hand sanitizers and cleaning wipes and avoid supply chain delays.
How UL can help you meet global requirements for hand sanitizers and cleaning wipes:
- Alcohol content validation
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS) development
- FDA registration
- Labeling requirements
- Dossier review
- ECHA registration
To further assess the safety and integrity of your product, we also offer expanded testing to include microbiological evaluation of contaminants commonly found in hand sanitizers with less than 60% alcohol content such as E. Coli, Salmonella, yeast and mold.
Make sure to consult to our recorded webinar on Chemical Compliance Insights for Hand Sanitizers in U.S. and EU Markets, to find out the steps you need to follow to ensure the hand sanitizers you produce and sell are in compliance with the existing regulations. You can also download the dedicated flyer.
Benefits of product safety testing and verification
We take into consideration many regulations and standard entities, including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), when conducting product testing and verification. We also offer quality assurance programs that evaluate your entire operation and can provide facility inspections and training.
Third-party inspections of consumer goods are critical in a global quality assurance program, and key to building consumer trust. As your independent partner, we help you verify the product meets specifications before release and shipment.
Our program is designed with consumers and health care workers’ safety and well-being at the forefront. We remain committed to our mission to support public safety and health.
- We operate in more than 100 countries, and our reports and certifications are recognized and accepted around the world.
- We have helped to set more than 1,600 Standards defining safety, security, quality and sustainability.
- Our knowledge of global standards and regulatory requirements covers many markets and authorities including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Contact us for more information and consult to our recorded webinar on Hand Sanitizers in U.S. and EU Markets: Chemical Compliance Insights and download our dedicate flyer.